4. Naked egg experiment – maybe have Zion do this?
Ideas to pull it together
a. Put all the graphics in a power point
b. Conversation between 2 people - Chuck suggested 2 young women from his church.
c. Turn those 2 pieces into a video
Yard sign contest – SUE – change to sign could go in a window, it could be virtual only, post on website. Elly's wild thought just now - can we use it as a fund raiser? We make the signs/yard signs/t-shirts and see them via the website? Don't know what is required.
John is putting up prize money - 1st prize $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100. Prize monies goes to the class of the winners to do whatever. All kids get a certificate
Biodegradable yard signs???
Judges: Sue, Linda, Nancy, Ana Lia or Jason, SAMI – students or a teacher
Judging idea: Nancy suggests we email our CCL membership list to find a judge for the poster board, Barbara – need some legitimacy? Not just anyone. Chuck suggested Jason Lee Teacher?
EV event in Steilacoom, day before Oceanfest. Tabling in person seems like. John and Chuck will table.
2 – 3 minutes for Ocean Fest
1. Kid friendly: Intro to climate change, what it is – the problem, what we care about, ocean acidification
2. Science board with graphics on
a. effects of climate change
b. Climate change indicators
c. Other ideas?
3. HR 763 - simple graphic: Does Oceanfest allow bill promotion?
a. Maybe the short CCL video here? Suspect too long but leads right into voting to make your voice heard
4. Vote -
5. Video Kim Cobb on coral with link
6. Ocean acidification: Experiment to dissolve egg shells
7. Write to your representative – link?
8. Monthly call link:
John’s contest, prize – do we want it to be a yard sign contest – art, poem, slogan
Share a visual of a yard sign with a starting design, the size, and options.